Wednesday, August 6, 2008

THE PINCH OF FAILURE

Along the path of neutral, over tiny bumps of pleasure and little potholes of sorrow, I walk. Occasionally, I climb over the hillocks of triumph and often fall into pits of failure; the pits so deep.

Down in the ditch I sit and wait disheartened, dejected and depressed. My shriveled soul sits and mourns. Yet, I don’t call for help. I believe that nothing in this world can make me feel better again. With my mind still debating over the existence and non-existence of God; I have lost faith in the system. I have certainly lost faith in myself.

I look up at the opening; the opening I conveniently ignored; the opening I was pushed into by circumstances. Yes, blame it on the circumstances. People peep into the ditch. Some with a smirk on their faces, some expressionless, some laugh, happy with themselves or are they laughing at me?

Deep down there I lie wishing the world’s gazes don’t set me ablaze. “I don’t need sympathy”- I assure myself. I want the world to end. The base keeps eroding. The pit gets deeper and deeper. I wait, soaked in a pool of tears for someone, something to somehow get me out. I wait. I mourn.

When failure pinches hard, I just- Fail!

2 comments:

PaRaNoiDsLaYeR said...

one thing engg taught me was...no matter..how deep u have fallen....one day when u rise..u will rise higher than those who had been on ground...dont be disappointed by such minute failures..if u had any...its like a cleansing process...at the end u are free....

the doors:-
This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

It hurts to set you free
But youll never follow me
The end of laughter and soft lies
The end of nights we tried to die

Unknown said...

kari!! u can write! pretty awesomely might i add :) Your stuff is really good...I enjoyed reading it..keep at it!

btw now I also think you are in the wrong degree...what the hell are you doing engg for?? You'd probably be one of those rare people who cld make an arts degree work fr them! :):)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
Kachuism by Kachu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License.