Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Glorious Misery


I am miserable. So are you. We often share our stories with each other. Infact, we share it with a lot of people. But my life is always more miserable than everyone else’s. I can dig through my past and present to you a series of hardships that I’ve been through. Sure, you’ve had a hard life too but can you imagine being in my shoes?

Somewhere I know…I know I won’t let myself forget the past. Not because I don’t like being happy but because my misery brings glory to my success. Sometimes I will fail and raise my finger at my misery. But, once again, I will promise myself “I am going to be happy.” Then, someone will stop by and blather about their miserable life. They will cry, whine and grumble and force me to break my silence “Friend, my misery is more glorious than yours!”

I know I will never be happy if I look back at that drug, that addictive depressing past that I love to brag about. Yes, it feels good to brag about my misery. Embraced in self pity, it feels good to weep and lose myself while some “concerned” souls try to “help” me. But the “help” will never help for I don’t want it to help.

I am all about “what I was”. I know it is the “I am” that matters... “I am” to the point that “I was” ceases to exist. I am happy.

6 comments:

plutosangel said...

I felt like you were talking to me! wait... actually I felt you were talking about me. . . :| Maybe it would do you good to get a place change at work!!

Prashant said...

Hey Good article yaar, miss you guys a lot. Broke my promise to call you guys, but was busy with my to-be in laws coming home last week...will surely catch with you all this coming weekend !! Hope somethings cooking at each of your ends !! All the best ... ciao

Unknown said...

Lol well im gonna second "plutosangel" on that one!! i felt you were talking about someone i know too.. but im sure its a very generic topic, aint it kachu :)

Manjnair said...

Self pity is sooooo obvious to others but others love it too,others join in too!
One who opposes is the 'BAD'guy.

Kachu said...

@pluto & liz.. I am talking from the point of view of a person who is aware of the drama and plays the wild card (read misery) to comfort oneself. All of us have the same way of functioning, varying degrees though.

@Prashant.. Thank you!! :D Weekend it is! I'll hold you to that!

@Manjula.. I agree. The "good guy" enjoys showering the whiner with attention. The one who does not play along becomes the "insensitive guy".

Shashi Nair said...

What you write is full of real sensible content. I like it. Your article also brings out the mutation of a victim into an observer. That is, in my view, how a victim gets liberated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
Kachuism by Kachu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License.